Celebrate Architect Victor Lundy's 98th Birthday

On Monday, February 1, 2021, the extraordinary Artist Architect Victor Lundy will celebrate his 98th birthday!

Victor's staying busy reading, drawing, painting and preparing for an online interview with
Donna Kacmar
FAIA
on the
US Modernist
podcast (https://usmodernist.org/usmodernistradio.htm) later this spring – stay tuned!
Meanwhile, he'd love to hear from his friends and architecture fans. Mail your love, letters, cards and boxes of chocolate to:
Victor Lundy, FAIA
701 Mulberry Lane
Bellaire, TX 77401

Learn More About Victor Lundy

In 2016, the Sarasota Architectural Foundation (SAF) honored Victor Lundy at their third-annual SarasotaMOD Weekend Architecture Festival and presented him with the Lifetime Art and Architecture Achievement award. Watch the SarasotaMOD feature panel presentation about Victor's amazing legacy: https://youtu.be/Wi8JjV-5_5E

“My art form, all my life, has been architecture. It has taken me all this time to become the maker of space that I am…my strength is drawing, drawing making marks usually with my ebony pencil is linked with my thinking. When I think thoughts, I draw thoughts. Visible marks come with words I think. I have drawn, drawn, drawn all my life.” — Victor Lundy, FAIA
Wonderful film showcasing Victor Lundy's life, "A Sculptor of Space":
https://youtu.be/s6umLipF7-E

One of the special events during the 2016 SarasotaMOD Weekend was a poolside dinner at the Umbrella House (1953, architect Paul Rudolph) with special guest Victor Lundy. MOD Poodle Baxter happily greeted Victor and his family after dessert - see last photo below.

Victor Lundy Artist Architect
Victor Lundy Retrospective - Buy on Amazon

Lundy's Sarasota Legacy


2016 SarasotaMOD Weekend Honored Victor Lundy

Victor Lundy (L) and Baxter
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments: